- Office of the Chief
- Department Organization
- Deputy Chief
- Operations Bureau
- Support Bureau
- Special Teams
- Animal Welfare
- I Want To...
- File Report Online
- Report a Parking Problem
- Report a Traffic Problem
- Report information to Crime Stoppers
- Request a Permit for...
- See the Crime Map
- Submit Neighborhood Watch Safecam Information
- Use the Property Inventory Registration System
- Community Services
- Community Relations
- Crime Prevention
- Crime Free Multi-Housing
- Crime Stoppers
- Parking and Traffic
- Public Safety Tax
Police Explorer Program
Welcome to the Norman Police Explorer Post #2009 Web Page!
Law Enforcement Exploring provides educational training programs for young adults on the purposes, mission, and objectives of law enforcement. The program provides career orientation experiences, leadership opportunities, and community service activities. The primary goals of the program are to help young adults choose a career path within law enforcement and to challenge them to be responsible citizens of their community and the nation.
The Norman Police Explorers are currently recruiting young men and women to join our post. Anyone who is 14 to 20 years of age and meets our requirements is encouraged to apply. Contact Post Advisors Master Police Officer Deny Oesterling, 405-366-5341 ext. 6587 or email, or Officer Tara Taylor, 405-366-5341 ext. 6456 or email, for more information.
- 14-21 years of age
- Be in at least 7th grade and must remain enrolled in school through the 12th grade
- Have parental consent (if under 18)
- Have a GPA of 2.0 or higher
- No prior felony convictions as an adult, nor any prior juvenile adjudications for which would be a felony
- Be willing to participate in the various activites including 2 hours per month of direct service to the department
- Understand and be willing to obey all of the post rules
- Be able to pass an interview board consisting of advisors and ranking Explorers
Learn more about the Norman Police Explorer Post by clicking on the tabs at the top of this page.